Remember Remember the 5th of November!

Tonight. I met the man.



That's right ladies and gents, Anthony Bourdain. Now, I did not "met and greet" for one, I did not see that option available on the Ticketmaster website and for another I think I would have been not in awe ...

I really liked what he spoke about, much of it I had either already heard him say or knew. Poor guy had bright lights glaring down on him.

My husband said he would rather listen to Andrew Zimmer. While I have liked Mr. Zimmer I prefer Mr. Bourdain. Husband says, well he's a misogynist. And yes, I think you are right. I think it is in men's blood to be that and Mr. Bourdain is old-er. But there are little glimpses of Andrew that have made me believe/think he isn't as genuine as he would have us believe.

If nothing else, what I got from listening to Bourdain was a return of my love for food and cooking it just right. And one thing I am not looking forward to is all those schmucks with hairdressers that attended finding the Asian Market ... yeah, he pointed that out. Damnit. I drank the rest of the wine when I returned home. :)

Oh and Old Man has learned to appreciate comics, or someone informed him that it was the "cool thing" to do.


4 comments:

mrs.stark said...

I'm so incredibly jealous right now! Man I wish I could have gone with you. We could have kidnapped him and made him our cook. Sounds good to me.

Donna said...

Hell yeah, I think he would have thoroughly enjoyed being our Bitch. Although, it would have been nicer to cook for him. Even though he is hot he is still an old man :P It completely sucks that we can't go do things together :'(

Anonymous said...

I am beginning to think you like arrogant men

That point aside, did you enjoy yourself?? At the event did he tape a show or was this just for promo?

Anonymous said...

I tend to gravitate towards Alton Brown in Good Eats I love the extra info he gives on things like processing processes and such.

Post a Comment