"Foodie"

I hate that term.

Ten Top-Earning Celebrity Chefs

Bourdain 1.5 Million
Rachel Ray 18 Million

Tonight I found Foodie Blog Roll

And I thought I would participate but:

# Your blog must have at least 5 entries - and these entries must be specifically food related - recipes, reviews, how-to s, food related product reviews and the like.


# Your blog must be at least one month old. If your blog is older than one month, then it must have been regularly updated in the past month.


# Your overall blog content must be 80% food related.

I could have just started a blog, well it has to be a month old but only have 5 entries and as long as every one of those entries was about food I could enter to win prizes?

Also found Foodista, looks interesting.

Visited Food Buzz about a month ago, that site is pretty darn awesome.

Those sites found through A Little Bit of Spain in Iowa

This was my response to someone when they asked about how to find different food to feed their family.

"I use Family Fun's Meal Planner occasionally and Hy-Vee's flyers have a weekly meal planner on one of the pages, that can be useful as well. Some of the other things I do, because I get sooooo bored with food, go to Flickr and look for food groups then search through the images. I go to food blogs a lot, read Wikipedia about cuisines, Google Image Search things you would normally eat like tacos, pizza, etc then click on the image and most of the time it will take you to a recipe listing (sometimes a really great blog). If the link does not take you to a recipe listing at least now you have an idea about the ingredients from the photo or can use the name of the entree to find a recipe."

Although, from my experience, people who take really great photos of food ... do not necessarily "know" how to cook or what good food is ... nice photos yes cooking not so much. Just be warned, you know TV stars aren't always as tall as you think they are?

Do you think the "blogosphere" is clique-ish?

0 comments:

Post a Comment