Oh Bob.

Yesterday was spent research jobs. Not just jobs to apply for, as though those exist. But salaries, wages, cities, learning skills. What I found was that Occupational Therapist and Physical Therapist get paid well and have job opportunities. Something else was a Living Wage Calculator

Living wage is a term used to describe the minimum hourly wage necessary for a person to enter the wealthy or affluent range.


History Of

I also found that there is probably no way in hell that I am going to get to go back home. Other parts of the country just pay people more and have more jobs to offer. No Boiled Peanuts for me. My husband was born in Germany and graduated in New Jersey, he knows better than and is not comfortable with the poorness in the South.

One thing that I keep thinking about is having a business. I know that having your own business is the American dream, probably more so than other fictionalities. Right now I am on the otherside, I want to be an employee. But can you imagine being an employer? People are a pain in the ass. All the negotiating and competition, trying to find decent employees while taking care of/hiring everyone you know?

I have always known the South is considered poor (and many other things). I grew up in the south, I was born in the south, my entire family is from the south (except my mother, technically, she was born in Chicago and lived there for 13 years). I just never thought that their way of life, being poor, would not be acceptable. I know there are rich folks in the south. I guess they are all either pilots, doctors, lawyers, or work for Coco Cola.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wealthier one becomes the less tolerant they are. Being poor is somehow a threat and to be avoided.

Post a Comment