Me vs. Dell


Iomega 250GB USB 2.0 eGo II Portable Hard Drive - Midnight Blue, we paid $103.99.


Portable CD/DVD-RW Drive with DVD Playback Software, we paid $84.99.

This was all bought for a Inspiron Mini 9, that Dell.com says is no longer available. But it basically looks like this



Dell's help/customer service is provided by Indians, dot not feather (that would be pretty cool if it was the feather and not dot), are there to provided excellence assistance. Assistance to make you call back and forth to different "offices" were you will receive no help, no answers.

I dislike Dell. I dislike Dell a lot. That DVD Writer and that Hard drive? Neither work, they've never worked. I forked over 200 bucks (roughly) to those jerks. Yeah. Not to mention this was all ordered around 0ct 26,2008. To be delivered about a month to a month and a half later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why did you guys buy this stuff from Dell in the first place? Dell does suck! Tiger Direct and NewEgg have decent return policies.

Donna said...

I had nothing to do with any of it. That was all husband. Not we gave dell 200 dollars and I still have no dvd player or external hardrive. awesome. I am about to fix that.

Anonymous said...

Samsung makes a good external DVD drive, I need to get one for myself. Yeah I said it before for a network engineer he is clueless.

Donna said...

It doesn't make any sense to me. I get so frustrated sometimes because I feel like even the simplest computer network thing at home he can't do.

Thanks for the Samsung rec. I was trying to search through what Amazon offered but I was having a difficult time searching their site for External hard drives. Toshiba looked like they made a nice one, a little pricey (I thought). What do you think about Calvary? Do you use Seagate or Western Digital hardrives? I am afraid to buy an external drive because 1. there is no cooling and 2. unless you buy a block there is no backup.

Anonymous said...

I have no preference any more have used all brands with much success.

Samsung SE-S084B/RSBN External Slim USB DVD-Writer

Thermaltake Sata HDD USB Docking Station

Post a Comment