Parsley, Winter Squash, & Banana Bread



Parsley grown in Aerogarden.



Chopped and ready to make Parsley Ice Cubes.



Winter squashes purchased at the grocery store, imported from Mexico. The Warted one did not last long enough to eat and when I opened it it was mainly seeds, little actual squash meat. The green one was tasty, I believe it is a Discus Buttercup. The warts I believe are called Oedema. I am trying to research Winter Squashes and storing them over Winter. Will update later as to my "findings."



Banana Bread (sorry about the blurry photo) :S

That is the BEST Banana Bread I have ever had. I generally dislike Banana Bread, it's too dry. But this recipe is the best recipe and I found it on the bag of Bananas I purchased from the grocery store super cheap.

Best Banana Bread EVAR Recipe

8 Tbsp. (1 stick) butter, at room temp.
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup shelled walnuts, coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease 9x5x3" bread pan. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt together, stir in whole wheat flour and add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Fold in bananas, vanilla, and walnuts. Pour mixture into pan, bake 50 to 60 minutes (I started checking on it at about 40 minutes), or until bake tester (butter knife) comes out clean. Cool pan 10 minutes. Makes 1 loaf.

* remember when measuring Wheat Flour spoon it into measuring cup!

0 comments:

Post a Comment